Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Unity Tutorial 06

The first tutorial is about adding UI to the game. The first thing that I did was create a canvas. Next was adding a child component to the canvas and adding the UI heath frame to the Image object. The image was far too big and I had to resize it to fit the screen, when looking in preview and moving the screen the image is covered by using the anchor I changed it to the right position. Now when moving the Hierarchy the health does not get covered. Next was adding the image of Ruby to the Health, again adding a child to the health and resizing it, then adding the health bar and sizing it to fit the mask. Next was making a new script called UIhealthbar. 



The second tutorial, it showed how to add text to Ruby. Before doing this I first had to add a new character to the game a frog called Jambi. I firstly had to slice the frog into 4x4 and turn into a game object. I then added the frog to a prefab. Next was adding code to the Ruby script and positioned ruby to be looking at the frog. I then added a Dialogue box and added text. 
I lastly made a new script called non-player character and added script to it. 

I enjoyed doing this tutorial as the game is finally starting to come together I'm looking forward to next week's to see the outcome. The images that I added are all screenshots from my laptop. To show the process throughout. 





No comments:

Post a Comment