Thursday, September 24, 2020

Introduction about me


Introduction 
My name is Niamh as most people will know now from last semester, I'm 20 and from Dunboyne. I have now started year 2 the same way that I had ended year 1, from a laptop at my desk at home, I thought everything would be back to normal by now. 
Speaking of year 1 I have learnt a lot from how to use a camera, to making a website which I did not think I would be able to do. I also learnt how to use illustrator, brackets and photoshop. Illustrator and photoshop I found difficult to use which was my biggest challenge last year a something would be wrong and I wouldn't know how I went wrong or why it was wrong, which I could say about brackets too
My biggest accomplishment last year was passing everything. 
In terms of year 2 I'm looking forward to learn topics such as gaming and make a game as I wouldn't have the biggest interest in gaming however after making one my opinion could change and I could love them. 
I had a lot of plans over summer unfortunately I was unable to do any of them such as go abroad, however I still got to Wexford for a few days which was my holiday this year, I also went on a lot of walks as there wasn't much else to do but it gave me opportunity to see plays that I wouldn't of gone on a normal day some of these pictures are ones that I took while I was on the walks. The only good thing about lockdown was the weather at least was able to just sit out in the garden. In terms of work I didn't work during lockdown as I work in the shopping center, however I wasn't expecting to back until end of August and I was back working in June which was a good and bad thing good for something to do, routine and money bad as it's work and it was hard to get use to wearing the masks. 
If you couldn't tell from me talking about it already walking is something that I try to do everyday after college or work I try to go on a walk somewhere I  going  and seeing new places , apart from walks I also have and interest in music and going to concerts and festivals when possible. I play Gaelic when I can when work doesn't get in the way. I also enjoy going to the cinema. If I had more time I would like to join a football team maybe, but with college starting back and with working weekends and evenings I don't think I would have the time, perhaps not even soccer but another sport that I haven't played before. 
Another thing that I enjoy is going out for food, my favourite food is, well being honest there is a few pasta, pizza favourite pasta would have to be carbonara. 
Career goals, the main one would be to hopefully get a degree and after that I haven't one specific idea of a job that I would like to work hopefully by the time that I'm finished the course and completing different modules I will know more. 


14 comments:

  1. Hi Niamh! Really interesting blog post, before reading this I didn't know too much about you as we were in different classes last semester! Hopefully now this semester with us being in the same class. we can get to know each other more :) I can't imagine how hard it was to get used to wearing the masks at work! It seems awful but hopefully now it's not too much of a pain! -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niamh, Lovely post & Lovely Blog Design & Layout! I also love walking too, I think its a lovely time to unwind and relax. Its nice to get out in nature and forget about what you are supposed to be doing for a while especially when we have loads of college work to do !! I can definitely agree with you about the masks, when I first started wearing them I thought I would never get used to them but now I wouldn't leave the house without one !! It's a weird time to be living in !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niamh: Hey boo, its El. I don't think even need and introduction hehe x Love your introduction post, it was very easy and fun to read. Im still salty that we aren't in the same tutorial group this year, They definitely didn't do it with friend in mind like they said because we were joint at the hip for all of first year! Hope your adapting to college at home okay, I know it can be hard and isolating. Goodluck with the year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niamh, hope you are doing well. I really liked your introduction blog post. I also went on lots of walks during quarantine and I also was working during lockdown too and those masks are so annoying, so I understand your frustration with them. I really like your layout of your blog its so colourful and happy, hope to see you soon and good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Niamh,

    Great introduction post you got there, I wish I walked as much as you do, I’m in scouts and I barely get to go outside still as much as you do but its still fun when I do get to hike. On the topic of your favorite food… hell yes Carbonara is mmmmmh divine I could eat it for days on end I kid you not its gorgeous. I can’t imagine what its like wearing a mask all day at work… or even just working in general but still must be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Niamh,
    I used to go spar boxers in the Dunboyne boxing club. Creating a game never came through my mind either. Hopefully this will be a fun experience for both of us. And hopefully we will create a game that we will be proud of.
    I really hope you find a job/career that you will love doing as you continue working in getting this degree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Niamh,
    Loved reading your blog! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed first year and hopefully second year wont disappoint. I was in the same situation during summer, such high hopes and plans of going away and being in the sun but nope we were stuck here, I did make it as far as galway and belfast though so at least we both managed a staycation. I've recently gotten into going for walks too I think its just because theres really not much else to do now that we dont even have the commute to college anymore. Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of the year and hopefully I'll get to talk to you a bit more this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Niamh,
    Really enjoyed reading this introduction blog. Was a very easy read and I also went on a lot of walks during lockdown because it's all I could do to get away from my family, they drove me a little crazy I can't lie. I didn't think I would ever make a game either but I'm sure it will be a enjoyable experience for all of us and our games come out looking great. Anyway hope your keeping well.

    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Niamh!
    How you keeping?
    It was good to get to know you a bit more! I also thought I wouldn´t be able to do a website last year and look at us now! It´s so surprising how far we came in just a year >.< I also had (a lot of) trouble with Illustrator, I´m finding it easier today but still a bit confusing :(
    I don´t have the biggest interest in gaming neither, it´s nice to learn about it but I doubt I will have a career with it, although it´s nice.
    Such pretty pictures you took, the second one tho <3
    I agree with you, Carbonara is the best!
    I loved your post, byee~~
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Niamh
    Great intro it was very interesting to read about you and find out few more things about your life and your interests.I was also hoping to coma back to college and that all this lockdown would be over by the time we come back but hopefully everything comes-back to normal and we be able to do things we enjoy.I also had few difficulties with modules last year but I feel a lot more confident I'm sure you are too.Great blog and very nice intro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Niamh!
    Seeing your photography really made me want to go out and photograph places of my own. I haven't used my camera since first year which is a shame. Walking is extremely important and I love finding new places I haven't seen before. Carbonara is my favourite dish as well, it blows my mind tbh. Working during lockdown must have been such a pain especially with wearing a mask! I hope everything is going well anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Niamh, I really enjoyed your blog it is well put together and does a good job of explaining who you are and what interests you have. It is good to hear that you were still able to enjoy your summer due to the government lockdown and travel restrictions. I am glad to hear you’re enjoying the course so far and that you’re looking forward to the game development section in the course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Niamh, I really enjoyed reading your introduction post. The photos that you took during your walks are really nice! Especially the sunset one as I am a fan of sunset images and I also take a lot of them whenever I see good one hahaha. I hope that you are doing well on overall modules even though this semester is pretty hectic.

    I also love any pasta dish and one of them is carbonara~
    I am also still thinking of what I want to do when we graduate but that is another year to think of. We should try to enjoy our course as much as possible even though they are very challenging.

    Good luck for this semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Niamh, great reading your post and learning a lot about you! hope you're enjoying second year as much as first year! It was great to learn about all your hobbies, I love to walk aswell I also try to do it every day, It's so good for your head especially during these times! Anyway, enjoy the rest of the semester and have a lovely christmas!!

    ReplyDelete